Catherine E. Wise is an associate at Varner & Brandt, LLP practicing general civil litigation with a focus on labor and employment issues.
Catherine received her J.D. from the University of California, Davis School of Law in 2007. During law school, Catherine was a comment editor for the Business Law Journal, served as an extern to Justice Ming W. Chin of the California Supreme Court, worked as a Civil Law Clerk for the United States Attorneys’ Office, and volunteered with the Voluntary Legal Services Program’s Employment Law Clinic.
Catherine graduated from California State University, Fresno summa cum laude in 2002 with a major in Psychology and a minor in Dance. While attending California State University, Fresno, Catherine was a member of the Golden Key National Honour Society. Upon graduation, Catherine worked to develop and implement an early intervention program focused on young children entering foster care.
Catherine was admitted to the California Bar in 2007. Prior to joining Varner & Brandt LLP, Catherine practiced general civil litigation at Knox, Lemmon, Anapolsky & Schrimp, LLP in Sacramento, California.
- Business Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Trial Practice
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Legal Clinic Volunteer, Inland Empire Latino Lawyer’s Association
- Junior League
- The Workplace Religious Freedom Act: Higher Standards in 2013, California State Bar Labor and Employment Law Review, May 2013
- University of California, Davis, J.D., 2007
- California State University, Fresno, B.A., 2002
- American Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
- United States District Court (Northern and Eastern Districts of California)
3750 University Avenue, Sixth Floor
Riverside, CA 92501