For over 20 years, Dan Reed has focused his practice on litigation representing individuals, businesses and public entities in matters ranging from complex business disputes to catastrophic personal injuries. In a recent 21-month period, from July of 2011 to April of 2013, Dan engaged in five separate trials encompassing approximately 75 days of courtroom testimony in which Dan successfully obtained, on behalf of his clients, two 7-figure and two 6-figure awards, and one 5-figure award (see Recent Successes below).
- Trial Practice
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Wrongful Termination
- Dan represented a former CEO accused of insider dealings who was wrongfully denied a defense and indemnity by the corporation he formerly headed in a six-week trial resulting in a post verdict seven-figure settlement.
- A one-month trial concerning a cancelled real estate purchase resulting in a post verdict, pre-punitive damage stage seven-figure settlement.
- Dan represented a commercial landlord in a Common Area Management dispute in a three-week trial resulting in a post verdict settlement exceeding a quarter of a million dollars.
- A commercial legal dispute concerning the purchase of a business franchise with attendant defamation allegations successfully resulting in the sale being compelled and a post verdict settlement, before the bifurcated defamation cause of action, valued at approximately $750,000.
- An inverse condemnation claim on behalf of a business owner resulting in a five-figure verdict.
Honors & Awards
- National Dean's List (top 2% of class for year) - Southwestern University School of Law
- Recipient American Jurisprudence Awards for top grade in class in Property and in Sales (U.C.C. Article 2)
Community Involvement & Pro Bono
- Arbitrator for the Superior Courts of Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.
- Settlement mediator for the California Fourth District Court of Appeal in Riverside, California.
- Southwestern University School of Law, JD, 1989
- University of California at Los Angeles, BA, 1984
- The State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association
- United States District Court (Central, Eastern & Southern Districts of California)
3750 University Avenue, Sixth Floor
Riverside, CA 92501